Safeguarding 1 Basic Awareness in Child Protection
Galway Sports Partnership are running a Safeguarding 1 workshop in Ballygar, Tullyroe, Ballygar, Co. Galway, Ireland on the 21st of November
This workshop aims to raise awareness of Child Protection issues in sport and introduces the Code of Ethics and Good Practice for Children’s Sport. All Coaches, Club Children’s Officers and Designated Liaison Persons must first complete this 3 hour Safeguarding and Protecting Children and young adults Basic Awareness Course.
About the workshop
The course is a mix of theory and group work. Booklets will be provided but please bring a pen to participate in the group work.
On completion of the course, the following areas will be discussed.
- The Implementation of best practice in protecting the welfare of participants.
- Creating a child-centred environment within the football club
- Categories of abuse and some indicators associated with abuse
- How to respond appropriately to a disclosure
- How to make a report to a designated person or appropriate Statutory Authorities.
All clubs should have in place or adopt child protection policies and procedures as outlined in the Code of Ethics and Good Practice for Children’s Sport. You can find easy to use free Templates in our resource section HERE
Participants attending Code of Ethics Awareness workshop must be over 18 years of age.
This course is valid for 3 years from the date of the course.
This is a mandatory course for any person working or volunteering with children in football in any capacity
For more Safeguarding and Child Protection courses near you CLICK HERE
For more information or to book please see below