Safeguarding 1 Basic Awareness of Child Protection
The Cork Sports Partnership are running a Safeguarding 1 Basic Child Protection Workshop at The Glen Resource and Sports Centre, Glen Avenue, The Glen, Cork on 24th of October
This workshop aims to raise awareness of Child Protection issues in sport and introduces the Code of Ethics and Good Practice for Children’s Sport. All Coaches, Club Children’s Officers and Designated Liaison Persons must first complete this 3-hour Safeguarding and Protecting Children and young adults Basic Awareness Course.
About the workshop
The workshop will highlight the main principles of the code and look at measures that clubs can take to create and maintain the safest possible environment for sport for young people.
- Understand the background to safeguard children and young people in sport.
- Identify best practise procedures to safeguard children and young people in sport.
- Understand the different categories of child abuse.
- Identify the signs of abuse.
- Act appropriately if abuse is suspected.
- Develop an action plan if appropriate
All clubs should have in place or adopt child protection policies and procedures as outlined in the Code of Ethics and Good Practice for Children’s Sport. You can find easy to use free Templates in our resource section HERE
Participants attending Code of Ethics Awareness workshop must be over 18 years of age.
This course is valid for three years from the date of the course.
Find more Safeguarding and Child Protection courses near you CLICK HERE
For more information or to book a place please see below